OT: Update on my nephew and many thanks!

dit657
on 4/19/11 10:09 pm - Boothwyn, PA

First and foremost THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for all of your wonderful prayers and messages - every little bit helps, and it certainly did in this case.

One thing I neglected to post about my nephew was that he had a severe allergic reaction to something on Friday night during the night - we attributed it to the fresh grass cutting outside - he woke in the middle of the night itching and going nuts - all centered around his eyes and head. That day was also when the trouble swallowing and the pain started. He took Benadryl and other OTC meds for the allergies, but the swallowing problems continued.

The hospital believes his esophogas is swollen and inflamed from the allergic reaction to whatever - they're not sure what it was due to - grass cutting - new laundry detergent? So they got his blood sugars down to reasonable numbers, gave him meds for the allergies and to help with the swelling, and last night he was able to eat real food and keep it down, so he should be released from the hospital today.

He has to make an appointment with an allergist and an ENT to see if that really is the cause, but for now that's what the doctors are going with.

So the good news is they ruled out anything to do with his heart - there was no blockage that they could see - and he was feeling better last night.

Thank you all again...you guys are awesome!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
lynnc99
on 4/19/11 10:33 pm
Kathy, I am so glad he is headed home. Sounds like some work is needed to discover the exact nature of the allergy. They can be so deceptive, and do come and go in some cases. Today- a little prayer of gratitude!
Nicole0216
on 4/19/11 10:41 pm - Lancaster, PA
good news
bvohl
on 4/19/11 10:45 pm
Kathy,

GREAT NEWS!!!!! Glad that our prayers worked!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 4/19/11 10:54 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Great news!! Hopefully it was JUST an allergic reaction and this is the end. 

My tracker

hers 

Pam Hart
on 4/20/11 8:36 pm - Easton, PA
That's the thing with emergency medicine - a horse suddenly becomes a zebra, and why our docs and us have to always be on the lookout for other potential causes.

I hope he continues to do well!

P
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views